domingo, 20 de diciembre de 2009

RIP Paul Naschy and Dan O'Bannon

A little late, I know, but there was no way I could forget
Jacinto Molina, aka Paul Naschy, passed away on November 30, 2009. He was a guy I grew up with, with his ultra bloody and erotic horror films. He was the most important figure of the Spanish horror film industry, and his most recent films, like Rojo Sangre, showed that the man still had it.
Movies I've reviewed on my blog with Naschy:

-Inquisicion
-Exorcismo
Some movies I recommend:

-Werewolf Shadows
-Curse Of The Devil
-Count Dracula's Great Love
-Horror Rises From The Tomb
-Una Libelula Para Cada Muerto
-Panic Beats


Dan O'Bannon sadly passed away as well, more recently on December 17, 2009. His influence is also huge on my life, being the screenwriter of classics like John Carpenter's Dark Star, Blue Thunder, Heavy Metal, Dead & Buried and Lifeforce, and with Donald Shusett, would bring life to films like Alien and Total Recall. He will always be known to me, however, as the man who gave us Return of the Living Dead.
Here's to Dan and Paul, hope both of you are resting in peace.

1 comentario:

  1. Hey Mr. Fiendish -

    I noticed your posting over at Vault of Horror, and you mentioned that Naschy's death received nary a mention in the horror blogosphere. I wanted to invite you over to Heart in a Jar - I think you might like what you find there, and you're welcome to drop by anytime...

    http://heartinajar.blogspot.com/2009/12/paul-naschy-death-of-icono-del-terror.html

    ResponderEliminar