sábado, 17 de octubre de 2009

Pryde Of The X-Men

When I was a kid, I was all about the X-Men. They were the only real comic book I used to read, mainly because it was about misfits doing the right thing. I loved the characters, the villains, and the over-the-top situations. This particular curiosity was made in 1987, but I first watched it in the mid-90’s when it suddenly popped up on VHS at the local video store. By then I was already a huge fan of the television series that aired on Saturday mornings on Fox (which I still watch to this day). The story deals with Kitty Pryde arriving to the X-Mansion in order to be recruited to the X-Men, which are composed of Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler and, sigh, Dazzler. But soon after that, Magneto shows up with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (composed of Emma Frost, Juggernaut, Toad, Pyro, and Blob). The steal the main drive of Celebro, and now the X-Men have to go to Asteroid M, face off against the Brotherhood and recover the hard drive. All this under 20 mins.
Yeah this is really disappointing. It’s dull as hell, even by Saturday Morning cartoon standards. The voice acting and dialogue is atrocious. I still wonder why Dazzler was put on this thing, she’s one of the worst X-Men ever. And why does Wolverine have an Australian accent? Even with it’s faults, I have to say that a lot of good came out of this: an Arcade beat-em-up game was based on this show, and it kicked ass! Remember “X-Men, Welcome to Die!”? But if you want quality X-Men animation, get yourself the 90’s animated series. This is for collecting nerds like myself only, who have no sense of good taste.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario