martes, 11 de agosto de 2009

OC Babes And The Slasher Of Zombietown

Just when I thought I had seen the worst movie of all time (Lady In The Water), I come along and watch this piece of shit. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate indie shot-on-digital films. Hell, I make them. But just because something is done on video doesn’t give you the automatic excuse to make it bad on purpose. Basically, the story is about a bunch of OC types stuck inside a bar. Inside, there’s a killer killing them one by one, outside there’s zombies (don’t ask me why, the movie doesn’t say).
The acting is as atrocious as you could expect, but no, that is not my main beef with the film. Neither is the bad cinematography that sometimes doesn’t even look like it’s on focus. My main beef with the film is the fact that it uses footage from Night Of The Living Dead to fill in the running time of 60 minutes. At first I thought the filmmaker, Creep Creepersin from the band with the same name, was trying to do something clever and make it like the events are happening at the same time of the classic film, but then it all comes down when the actors start discussing the Romero films. OK so if the film exists in the universe, then why the hell are we seeing clips again? Homage is one thing, but this is ridiculous. And by the way, when are indie horror filmmakers going to stop giving such obvious winks at classic films? If you want us to like your film, stop with the Romero references and actually make a fuckin’ good movie. Mr. Creepersin should learn from the people at Morbid Vision Films about how a good no-budget film is done. Skip this turd.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario