domingo, 5 de julio de 2009

Love Object


Kenneth is nothing but a boring office clerk at a company specializing in instruction manuals. His life is so boring that, after meeting an actual girl (Lisa, played by a hot-ass Melissa Sagemiller), he has to get one of those extra-custom built latex women with the cranky hands and suction mouth. It’s too bad Kenneth is kinda nuts and believes the doll is real, and not just real, jealous! This movie is actually very underrated, one of the most intelligent and psychological horror films I’ve seen from the new millenium. The acting is top notch, especially from Melissa Sagemiller, but I was never a big fan of Desmond Harrington and this one didn’t make me change my opinion, the movie definitely needed a better lead. Still it has a lot of suspense, and the third act is genuinely chilling. The ending will make you say ‘what the fuck’ and in a good way. A lot of people don’t like this film, but maybe it’s because I’ve always found those sex dolls to be genuinely scary. I mean, they look like corpses and probably feel like them, too. Anyway, I would definitely recommend this film. It’s got Udo Kier and Rip Torn in small roles, and those two are creepy enough.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario